Most of our sociology graduates enter the workplace after graduation, working in business, education, media and communications, health care, youth services, government, the nonprofit sector, and other career fields. Others go directly to graduate or professional school, though most tend to work for a year or two before pursuing further study. Gettysburg graduates have attended top graduate programs in sociology and in fields such as law, counseling, and international relations, among others.
Gettysburg sociology majors who have attended graduate school, as well as those in management and research positions, report that the courses they took in the department-particularly those in research methodology and data analysis-distinguish them from their peers and put them on a solid footing for advancement.
Graduate and Professional Schools Attended by Recent Sociology Graduates
- Fairfield University, Data Science
- George Washington University, Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- Georgetown University, Public Policy
- Hood College, Interdisciplinary Studies in Human Behavior
- Rutgers University, College Student Affairs
- Rutgers University, Sociology
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Law
- University of Connecticut, Sociology
- University of Michigan, Higher Education
- Utah State University, Sociology