What makes for a strong application?
- Review the application before completing it to see what materials and information you may need to prepare in advance, such as an updated resume, cover letter and references.
- Present yourself professionally. Ensure that your application contains no typos, grammatical errors, or incorrect information.
- Answer the open-ended questions that are being asked, not a related question that you would prefer to answer. Provide responses that are detailed but concise. Convey what you bring to the table and what specifically you hope to get out of the program.
- Be candid and honest about your interests and experiences. Don't try to "fit" what you think we are looking for. Instead, convey why you are and why you would be a good candidate for this experience.
- Provide answers that connect your interests and experience to the program topic, rather than general knowledge of the program subject. EI programs have small enrollment by design. Share what distinguishes you and/or makes you a good fit for one of the few spots available.
- Need help with your resume? Visit the Center for Career Engagement or check out their website for resume resources.
What else should I know when applying?
If you are applying to multiple programs, please check the appropriate box on the application to indicate your first preference. We will assume that if you apply for a program, you are fully interested in participating even if it is not your first preference.
Report any scheduling conflicts in your application. High demand for these programs requires that we prioritize students who can take advantage of the full experience.
A full schedule is not available for our Undergraduate and Fielding Fellows programs. Weask that you make those programs a top priority throughout the year.
- We will contact references as needed. Letters of recommendation are not required or considered.
- Don't be discouraged if you are not accepted. There are many ways to get involved with the Eisenhower Institute throughout the year. Watch our Events page, and look for new applications each semester.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.