I have procrastinated on writing this message, as it is my last to appear in our College magazine. By the time the next issue appears, I will be in the process of transitioning out of the role of Gettysburg College president...
Leading from within
Janet Morgan Riggs ’77, Gettysburg College’s 14th president, retires after 11 years of dedicated service.
A president’s place
Michael J. Birkner ’72, P’10 examines the historical role of Gettysburg College presidents since our founding.
From science and music to philosophy and religion, Gettysburg professors and experts weigh in on an age-old question: “What is the meaning of time?”
- New technology in the sciences enhances interdisciplinary collaboration
- Prof. William D. Bowman conducts research on the World Cup
- Cathie Wood P’15 feeds students’ entrepreneurial fire
- Daria Lo Presti Wallach ’76 emphasizes the power of the liberal arts
- Talented faculty earn tenure, inspire a new generation
- Big Picture
Do great work
- Tyra Riedemonn ’20 encourages difficult conversations
- Sneha Shrestha ’10 creates art for Reebok’s Artist Collective collection
- Vietnam Memorial dedication honors the memory and service of Gettysburgians
You can find class notes beginning on page 39 of the pdf.