Recipe, production, and ordering standards
- All food and supplies are purchased from approved, licensed sources and are inspected by members of the Dining Management Team.
- 30 members of the Dining Service Team are Serve-Safe certified in safe-food handling procedures through the National Restaurant Association. 19 employees are also certified through the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services.
- Dining facilities are licensed and inspected by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture.
- Fresh produce is delivered six days per week.
- Trans fat free oil used in frying.
- No MSG added to recipes.
- Vegetables are steamed without oil or butter unless otherwise noted.
- All fresh beef cuts are USDA choice grade or better.
- Three salad bars with a variety of lettuces, field greens, vegetables, beans, house made deli case salads, and fruit.
- Vegetarian and Vegan selections at all meals including one daily vegetarian soups.
- Skim and 2% milk.
- Egg whites served during breakfast.
- Hot breakfast cereal offered daily.
- Alternative breakfast meats such as turkey bacon, turkey sausage.
- Fried Eggs and Omelets made-to-order for breakfast Monday through Friday and breakfast and lunch on Saturday
- Low-fat cottage cheese, yogurt, frozen yogurt and muffins.
- Low-fat and fat-free salad dressings.
- Bananas, oranges, and apples available at all meals.
- Cantaloupe, Honeydew, and Grapefruit sections available at breakfast.
- Red wine vinegar, and Balsamic vinegar available with salad dressings.
- Plain tuna, packed in water, available on deli bar.
- 17 cereal selections including organic granola.Brand name products, such as Hershey’s Ice Cream, Hellmanns, Tyson, Uncle Ben’s, Nestle, Heinz, Pace, Kraft, General Mill’s, Quaker, and Kelloggs.
Items available in specialty refrigerators
- Lactaid 100% lactose-free non-fat milk.
- Rice milk, Soy milk (plain and vanilla), Almond Milk, Coconut Milk.
- Selection of meat-free protein deli items and dairy free cheeses.
- Chocolate syrup and strawberry syrup.
- Gluten-free foods.