To learn more about your entrepreneurial journey beyond events, check out how to GET involved.
Burg Pitch Video Submissions
Students, staff, and faculty: submit your ratings here.
Alumni and parents: submit your ratings here.
Join our live podcast: GET-Together with Marco Greenberg and Sprout Brothers Ari & Noah Meyerowitz
Our next episode's live recording will be on Wednesday, March 24th at 7pm on Zoom.
Ask the Sprout Brothers anything! Ari and Noah Meyerowitz believe sprouts have the power to change the world! Over 40 years ago, their dad Steve Meyerowitz founded Sproutman after sprouts drastically improved his chronic health issues. Ari and Noah are committed to continuing his work by providing the highest quality organic sprouting kits, as well as the education and inspiration you need to live a healthy, sustainable, and wildly fulfilling life.
Join our live podcast: GET-Together with Marco Greenberg and Mindfulness Consultant Mallika Chopra
Our next episode's live recording will be on Wednesday, March 31st at 7pm on Zoom.
Mallika Chopra, the daughter of Deepak Chopra, will share with you how four questions can guide your unique journey: “Who Am I?”; “What Do I Want?”; “How Can I Serve?”; and “What Am I Grateful for?”
Learn more about her teachings and path as a mindfulness consultant at https://www.mallikachopra.com/
Burg Pitch - Deadline EXTENDED, Workshop in MARCH
Your idea. 3 minutes. Endless possibilities.
Prizes are awarded in three categories: Gettysburg College campus, UN Global Goals, and Your Own.
Up to $1,000 in cash prizes, $25 dining dollar prize for each qualifying participant who does not win a cash prize.
You can work alone, in pairs, or in a group. One qualifying submission per student.
Winners will be announced in April — stay tuned for more information.
Qualifying submissions need two components:
- a slide deck
- a video
Upload your video and deck files by Friday, March 26 at 11:59pm EST to this OneDrive folder.
Make sure your pitch video is no more than 3 minutes and your slides as well as the video include the following:
- Your full name and Gettysburg email address
- Potential implementation
Check out some slide decks from past years.
Videos on pitching
How to create an effective pitch deck
Sample pitch decks in business
- Front series A deck
- 30 Legendary startup pitch decks and what you can learn from them
- Best pitch decks: the early stage pitch decks of the hottest funded startups
Do not worry about funding or business models yet. We are looking for creative and bold ideas!
Past GET-Together recordings
Jacqueline Adams on Primitive Moves
GET-Together - Wednesday, March 17th, 7pm
- Watch Jackie Adams on YouTube.
- Join the live recording of our new podcast that is now available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify. Let us help you discover your uniquely own road to a successful and fulfilling future. Marco Greenberg is hosting Jaqueline Adams, an award-winning news correspondent, communications strategist, and author of A Blessing - Lead, Empower, Thrive. She is looking forward to talking with Gettysburg students! Also, be among the first to test out in-progress prototypes of Marco's workbook.
Meet healthcare industry expert and visionary Alan J. Murray
GET-Together - Tuesday, November 17th, 6:30p.m.
- Watch Alan J. Murray on YouTube.
- From British Merchant Navy officer and semi-pro soccer player to leader in the ever-evolving U.S. healthcare industry: Alan J. Murray is president of Empire BlueCross BlueShield’s commercial plan in New York. Marco Greenberg, President & Co-Founder of Thunder11 and Author of WSJ bestseller Primitive - Tapping the Primal Drive That Powers the World's Most Successful People is welcoming him to our final GET-Together of the fall semester.
Love Whelchel, entertainment and technology entrepreneur
GET-Together - Wednesday, November 4, 7p.m.
- Watch Love Whelchel on YouTube.
- Love Whelchel has not only helped organize the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, GA, but also hired and supported minority managers and executives at a major advertising agency. He worked with rapper Sean Combs (P. Diddy) at Bad Boy Worldwide Entertainment and is now a digital entertainment & technology entrepreneur. Marco Greenberg highlights Love’s path of success in entrepreneurial thinking in his book Primitive - Tapping the Primal Drive That Powers the World’s Most Successful People. Take the test How Primitive Are You? in advance to know your type and score! http://www.primitivetest.com
What powers the world’s most successful people?
GET-Together - Tuesday, October 27, 6:30p.m.
- Watch What powers the world’s most successful people on YouTube.
It is not the “civilized” people that launch revolutions, but those that tap into their primal drive to take bold action. Come to our next GET-Together to learn first-hand about the keys to fulfilling success and what that may look like for YOU. Meet Marco Greenberg, President & Co-Founder of Thunder11 and Author of WSJ bestseller Primitive - Tapping the Primal Drive That Powers the World's Most Successful People, Greg Zuckerman, Special Writer at WSJ and Author of The Man Who Solved The Market - How John Simons Launched the Quant Revolution, and Jonathan Torop, Managing Director at UBS Financial Services Inc. Take the test How Primitive Are You? in advance to know your type and score! http://www.primitivetest.com (Zoom)
Driving social change through entrepreneurship with Mary Ehrsam ’90
GET-Together - Tuesday, October 6, 7 p.m.
- Watch Entre-empowerment with Mary Ehrsam ’90 on YouTube.
- Join our conversation with alumna Mary Ehrsam ’90, President of Operation HOPE Partnerships, as she welcomes individuals from all walks of life who share their stories of determination that lead them to start businesses that benefit their communities. If you want to find out how entrepreneurship can drive social change, this event is for you!
Sarah Calhoun ’00
GET-Together - Tuesday, September 1, 7 p.m.
- Watch Sarah Calhoun on YouTube.
- Social entrepreneur Sarah Calhoun ’00
- Sarah is the Founder and CEO of Red Ants Pants, a company producing factory clothing for women and hosting an annual music festival to raise funds that make the clothing affordable to customers.
ECON 463 information session
GET-Together - Tuesday, September 1, 12-12:30 p.m.
- Watch ECON 463 session on YouTube.