As of April 26, 2021, all off-campus dialing will no longer require a '1' for long distance calls. Previously, you dialed 9 + 1 + (area code) XXX-XXXX.
Under our new dialing plan, you will need to drop the '1' and dial 9 + (area code) XXX-XXXX. This change has been implemented to help reduce 911 misdials. Please keep this information in mind when dialing off-campus or setting up a forward.
You have two options to manage incoming calls. Call forwarding will send all incoming calls to a mobile phone or home phone number. If you do not answer the call, the caller's voicemail will be left on your mobile phone or your home phone answering machine. Single Number Reach (SNR) will also send all incoming calls to a mobile phone or home phone number, but if you do not answer, the call will be sent back to your Gettysburg College voicemail box to leave a message. SNR also provides the ability for calls to ring simultaneously on both their IP desk phone and their cellular phone (Remote Destination). SNR users can pick up an incoming call on either of their desk or cellular phones and at any point can move the in-progress call from one of these phones to the other without interruption.
- From a browser, navigate to the portal.
- Allow the warning by selecting the “Advanced” button and then the “Accept the Risk and Continue" button.
- Login with your Gettysburg College credentials. This will be the same user name and password that is used to access your email, CNAV, etc.
- Important: If you see the following window, please select “Cancel” or else you will potentially reset your voicemail PIN.
- Select “Call Forwarding” under the “My Phones” section.
- Select “Forward all calls to:” and select the drop-down and choose “Add a new number
Please note: When adding a new number, add the number as if you were dialing from your desk. If forwarding to an off-campus phone number (like your mobile phone or a home phone number) you will need to ensure that you include the full phone number: 9 + (area code) XXX-XXXX.
- Once you have the number entered, click “Save.”
Once you have completed the configuration, you should test that this feature is working by having a family member, friend, or colleague dial your Gettysburg College extension. Make sure that the phone number you set for Call Forwarding rings, you can answer it, and have a conversation.
Single Number Reach
To enable Single Number Reach (SNR), you will need to access the phone portal.
- Click on https://www.gettysburg.edu/ipphone/portal
- At the login screen, enter your Gettysburg College username and password, This will be the same user name and password that is used to access your email, CNAV, etc. After entering your user name and password click "Sign In."
- You will be directed to a page showing all phones that are associated with you. Scroll down and click on the + sign towards the bottom of the page under "Additional Phones."
- This will launch the "Add a New Additional Phone" window. In the "Phone Number or URI*" section, enter 9 for an outside line and the 10 digit phone number that you wish to ring when your extension is called. In the "Description" field, enter your first and last name and denote whether this is a mobile or home number. Next, select the checkbox next to Enable Single Number Reach. This will take a few seconds as it registers your new phone. After the addition is completed, select the "Enable Move to Mobile" checkbox. The checkbox next to "Enable Single Number Reach" and "Enable Move to Mobile" should be checked as noted below. Do not click Save yet.
- At the bottom of the "Add a New Additional Phone" window, select the "Advance Call timing" option in blue. This will open the "Advance call timing" window. In the top field, you can edit how many seconds the system should wait before dialing your new remote phone when your extension is called. Please set this number to 0 (zero). The next field: "Prevent this call from going straight to this phones voicemail by" will set a delay so the system can detect when a call goes straight to voicemail when your extension is called. Please replace the 1.5 with 3.0 in this box. The final field "Stop ringing this phone" controls how long the system will ring your remote phone before pulling the call back. This is to ensure that your remote phone voicemail does not answer the call. Instead, the phone system will route the caller back into your Gettysburg College voicemail box. This ensures you will only need to monitor one mailbox and that you continue to get voicemails sent to your Gettysburg College email address. You can leave 19.0 in this box. Now, select the Save button.
- Next, select the Save button on the Add a New Additional Phone window. You should now see your new remote phone listed under the Additional Phones section of the main My Phones screen.
Once you have completed the configuration, you should test that this feature is working by having a family member, friend, or colleague dial your Gettysburg College extension. Make sure that the phone number you set for Single Number Reach rings, you can answer it, and have a conversation.