Dear Members of the Gettysburg College Community,
As you may know, Julie Ramsey, Vice President of College Life/Dean of Students, retired from her role in College Life as of December 31, 2020. Julie has been a stalwart at the College whose contributions are many and enduring.
We are now ready to launch the search for Julie’s successor. To aid us in this important search, the College has retained an executive search firm—WittKieffer—to help ensure that the search be as thorough and as thoughtful as possible. WittKieffer’s experience conducting searches for student affairs leadership is strong and current, and it will help ensure our success in attracting the very best candidates for this important role at the College.
I’d like to thank the following members of our College community who have agreed to serve on the search advisory committee:
- Kayode Balogun, Class of 2022
- Rob Bohrer, Associate Provost and Dean of Public Policy Programs
- Darrien Davenport, Assistant Vice President of College Life/Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees (together with me, co-chair of the search advisory committee)
- Christopher Kauffman, Associate Professor of Theatre Arts
- Nathalie Goubet, Professor of Psychology
- Kurtis Grey, Class of 2021
- Jennifer Lucas, Executive Director of Human Resources
- Tres Mullis, Vice President of College Advancement
- Rod Tosten, Vice President of Information Technology
- Kristin Stuempfle, Chief of Staff/Strategic Advisor to the President
- Cindy Wright, Director of EES Student Success and Well-being
In addition to being informed by the work of the search advisory committee, I hope to hear thoughts and suggestions from all members of our greater campus community. Your engagement in the search process is important to me and important to the institution. WittKieffer will host targeted meetings with campus constituencies to help in the College’s effort to refine the desired qualities and characteristics of this important position. To that end, the search committee and I invite you to participate in an open meeting led by WittKieffer for all faculty, staff, and students on Wednesday, January 13 at 12:30 pm. This conversation is an important means of ensuring that the firm and the search advisory committee have the fullest understanding of the position as they begin to engage potential candidates in the search process. Please find the zoom link below for the January 13 session.
Additionally, should you wish to confidentially suggest potential Vice President of College Life/Dean of Students candidates or forward nominations, or have other suggestions bearing on the job or the search, please email the WittKieffer search team at GettysburgCollegeVPCL@wittkieffer.com. You may also reach out to me or any member of the advisory committee. In the case of nominations, you do not need to alert the person of the nomination: WittKieffer will contact the nominee but be assured does not indicate the source of the confidential nomination.
Thank you for all you do for Gettysburg, and best wishes for a healthy and joyful 2021.
With warmest thanks,