Political Science Major
Ten courses are required for the major.
Three Introductory Courses
- Three courses from among 101, 102, 103, or 104
Political Science Research Methods Course
- POL 215 (with a grade of C or better)
Two Courses at the 200-level from two different subfields
- 2 courses at the 200-level each from a different subfield
- Choose from the following subfields: American Politics, International Politics, Comparative Politics, or Political Theory.
- Maximum of one course taken off-campus through an approved Gettysburg College program can be used toward the 200-level requirement.
Two Courses at the 300-level from the same two subfields as those at the 200-level
- 2 courses at the 300-level in the same subfields as the courses taken at the 200-level
- Both 300-level courses must be taken at Gettysburg College.
- One course at the 200 or 300-level consistent with any of the 100-level introductory courses already taken.
- One 400-level capstone course consistent with one of the two subfields pursued.