Art History Major
Eleven courses are required for the ARTH major.
Two Introductory Courses
- ARTH 125 or ARTH 126
- ARTH 214 Methods in Art History
Six Core Art History Courses
- One course in ancient or medieval fields. ARTH 201or 202
- One course in Renaissance or Baroque fields: ARTH 203, 245, 284, 303, 306, 307, 308, or FYS 188-1, FYS 197
- Two courses in 19th century or modern fields: ARTH 206, 210, 217, 221, 240, 318, 322.
- One course in a non-western field: ARTH 131, 234, 235, 236.
- One additional course in art history or theory. May include approved Internships and Independent Studies.
Two Art Studio Courses
- Two ARTS courses
- ARTH 400 Seminar in Art History
- No more than two transfer or off-campus study courses may count toward the minimum requirements for the minor