Ten French courses and a semester abroad are required for the major.
- French 202 Intermediate French or French 300-level elective
- French 300 Practice in Communication
- French 305 Approaches to Textual Analysis
- French 310 French Revolutions: Political, Social & cultural Upheaval Since 1789
- French 400 Seminar (must be taken in Spring of Senior Year)
French 300-level Electives
- Five electives chosen from the other French departmental offerings at the 300-level or above.
- May include one Individualized Study.
- All French majors are required to spend at least one semester at an approved French speaking program abroad, which has been approved by the French department.
- Majors must enroll in one course in one of the local universities during their time studying abroad.
- Up to three courses taken aboard at IES Paris or IES Nates may be counted toward the major requirements, subject to the approval of the French department chairperson.
- All majors must take at least one course within the French department during their senior year.