Environmental Studies Major, Bachelor of Arts
Eleven courses are required for the ES, BA.
Six Environmental Studies Core Courses
- ES 196 Environmental Science and Society
- ES 211 Principles of Ecology
- ES 223 Earth System Science
- ES 225 Environmental Humanities
- ES 230 Intro to Geographic Information Systems
- ES 400 Seminar or ES 460
Five ES Elective Courses
- Five 200 or 300 level ES electives
- Students must complete an area of concentration through their choice of electives.
Consult the Environmental Studies programs webpage for a list of possible areas of concentration and discuss goals with ES faculty advisor.
- With permission of the ES advisor, two of the electives may be taken off-campus or in another department.
A list of Sample Courses from other Departments is available on the Environmental Studies programs webpage.
- Student may petition the ES department to count a 100-level ES or FYS course as one of the five required electives if it is the first ES course taken.
- ES 121 Environmental Issues cannot count toward the ES major or minor.
- Link to Environmental Studies programs webpage: https://www.gettysburg.edu/academic-programs/environmental-studies/programs/major-minor