Peace and Justice Studies Minor
Six courses and a project are required for the minor.
One Core Course
- 1 from IDS 121/221, PHIL 219, 222, 224, 226, AFS/EDUC 264, or any course the director deems appropriate as a replacement
Five Courses Approved by Peace and Justice Studies Director
- At least one course at the 200-level or above
- At least two courses at the 300-level or above
- Two additional elective courses at any level
- Peace and Justice Studies minors have to create and implement a peace and/or justice related project on campus or the wider community, and submit a report before they graduate.
- Only two courses at the 100-level may be counted toward the minor.
- No more than two courses may be in the major field of study.
- No more than two courses from any one discipline.
- Courses from study abroad may be accepted. The director will need a course description and in some instances the syllabus as well.
Students who want to declare a Peace and Justice Studies Minor should complete the declaration of minor form on the Peace and Justice webpage and submit a one page single-spaced write up explaining why they wish to be a minor and how the six chosen classes fit together.