Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Minor
Six courses are required for the minor.
Three Intro and Theories Courses
- WGS 120: Introduction to Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- 1 course, either WGS 300: Theories or WGS 310: Queer Theories
- 1 course, either WGS 290: Practicum or WGS 340: Methods
Three WGS Electives
- 1 core or cross-listed course above the 100-level that focuses in-depth on one of the following:
- On gender, sexuality, and/or the experiences of women, outside the United States, and Europe
- On the experiences of historically marginalized women
- On the ways that gender intersects with other forms of inequality
- On LGBT or Queer scholarship.
- 1 core or cross-listed course
- 1 course which can be core, cross-listed, affiliated or an approved course of Individualized Study