East Asian Studies Minor – Chinese Culture
Six courses are required for the minor.
- AS 111 Chinese Culture & Society
Must be taken at Gettysburg College
Three Elective Courses
- One course from Arts & Humanities specializing in China.
- One course from History & Sociology specializing in China.
- One additional course specializing in China.
- One Course that offers a comparative perspective with East Asia of focuses on Japan
- CHN 201 Intermediate Chinese
- Categories and potential courses for the electives appear on the Chinese Track Requirements webpage. Link to webpage: gettysburg.edu/academic-programs/east-asian-studies/programs/chinese-track-requirements
- CHN 101 & 102: Beginning Chinese are pre-requisites for CHN 201 bit do not count towards the minor, However, student who have previously studied Chinese may enter the 200-level as determined by the language placement exam. Chinese language proficiency at the 202 level is required and determined by the department.