Studying abroad/off-campus during the fall semester
Students studying abroad/off-campus during the Fall 2021 semester will receive a lottery number along with the rest of the student population in April. This number will be used to assign housing for the Spring 2022 Semester.
Spring 2022 Housing
- Living off-campus
If you plan to study abroad/off-campus during the Fall 2021 Semester and wish to reside in an off-campus apartment upon returning in the spring, you MUST participate in the Off-Campus Living approval process that occurs during the Spring 2021 Semester.
- Greek Housing
If you are a member of a Greek fraternity you will need to check the residency requirements of your fraternity before seeking any other housing option.
- Disability Accommodations for Housing
The Office of Residential & First-Year Programs will work to accommodate students returning from abroad/off-campus for the spring semester who are approved for disability accommodations. However, depending on the housing available, all student preferences may not be able to be met when finding appropriate accommodations.
- College Houses
If you are interested in living in a college house upon your return for the Spring 2022 semester, please make sure you participate in the College House application process in March 2021. If you have questions about a specific college house, please feel free to contact the appropriate College House leader for assistance.
- Room Switch Agreements
Please note that Room Switch Agreement Forms will become available on October 1, 2021. We will continue to accept these forms until November 5, 2021. These forms will be used to complete Spring 2022 housing assignments for those who are coming and going from study abroad programs or who are affected by other circumstances that may necessitate a room switch agreement or an articulation of housing preferences.
- Study Abroad Housing Form for Spring 2022
Students not securing housing by any of the above mentioned options will be assigned housing for the Spring 2022 semester using a Study Abroad Housing Form. This form will become available in October 2021 and emailed to your campus email. Your Study Abroad Housing Form will serve as your housing preference form for the Spring 2022 semester. Study Abroad Housing Forms are then placed in class year/lottery number order for housing placement for the spring semester.
- Spring 2022 placements
To provide the greatest possible chance of matching your preferences with available housing, we wait to assess TOTAL vacancies including withdrawals, transfers, and academic dismissals (which are not decided until the week of January 3, 2022). Therefore, the Office of Residential & First-Year Programs will not complete housing assignments until the week of January 10, 2022. Once assignments are completed, students will be emailed at which time they can view their spring housing assignment via MyHousing in CNAV. Please note the following:
- Due to space limitations, requests for groups of three or more are not usually granted. It is more likely that we will place students in pairs.
- All students will be billed "Plan 2 – Apartment Rate" for the spring semester prior to January. If your placement is anything other than an apartment, you will receive an adjusted statement in January.
- Students will not be permitted to arrive on campus for the Spring 2022 semester prior to 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 15. However, if you are part of an organization that requires your arrival before this time, you will be on a roster for early arrival. Please check with your respective organization, coach or Faculty/Administrative Leader to make sure you are on this roster.
- Keys can be picked up in the Office of Residential & First-Year Programs (CUB 250) on both Saturday, January 15 and Sunday, January 16 (exact times are to be determined). Keys may also be picked up during regular business hours beginning at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, January 17.
- Meal plans begin on Saturday, January 15.
- Classes begin on Monday, January 17.
- Please see the College Calendar for other important dates for the Spring Semester.
Hours for the Office of Residential & First-Year Programs during winter break:
December 20-22 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.* December 23-January 2 CLOSED January 3-7 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.* January 8-9 CLOSED January 10-14 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.* January 15 9:00 a.m. - TBD January 16 TBD *The office closes for lunch between noon and 1:00 p.m.