Yes. Being registered with OSAGL gives clubs and organizations various rights including:
- The ability to use the name Gettysburg College
- The ability to host or sponsor meetings and/or events at Gettysburg College
- The ability to schedule a room or venue for a meeting and/or events
- The ability to pursue Student Senate Recognition
- Inclusion in the Gettysburg College Campus Directory
- Consultation with and advice from the Office of Student Activities & Greek Life
- The ability to participate in the Activities Fair each semester
- The ability to participate in Springfest during the spring semester
- The ability to advertise or post notices
- Regular communication from the Office of Student Activities & Greek Life
Registered Organization: Any club or organization that has completed all procedures and required by the Office of Student Activities & Greek Life to become a club or organization at Gettysburg College. These procedures are outlined in the Clubs and Organization's Manual and can also be found under how to start an organization. Being registered with OSAGL gives clubs and organizations the various rights outlined above.
Recognized Organization: Any club or organization that has applied for and been granted recognition by Student Senate. A club or organization MUST be registered with the Office of Student Activities & Greek Life in order to obtain recognition from Student Senate. Clubs and organizations at Gettysburg College are not required to become recognized, but it is considered a privilege and comes with additional rights that include:
- 20% discount off total cost of advertising in the Gettysburgian
- 20% discount on most merchandise in the College Book Store
- Use of Student Senate Office Computer, printing and copying
- Ability to communicate with the Clubs Liaison about concerns
- Advice and guidance on Constitutional Review and Proceedings
- Ability to request funding for specific causes, including a regular budget for each semester.
Yes. Each club or organization is responsible for attaining and advisor. The advisor must be full-time faculty (NOT on sabbatical), staff, or administrator. Any club or organization without an advisor will be automatically considered inactive. Note: We have moved to emailing advisors to verify all organizational oversight at one time. If you are a new advisor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An active club or organization is one that has met and is maintaining all of the requirements to be registered with the Office of Student Activities & Greek Life. This type of club or organization has a presence on campus through regular meetings or events with its members and/or campus community. For a club or organization to remain active, records MUST be updated each semester by the fourth Friday of the first month of the semester.
If a club or organization fails to meet the requirements of a registered club or organization, it will enter a Probationary Period. The probationary period is extended to clubs and organizations until the end of the semester in which the probationary period began, or until unmet requirements are rectified. All rights extended to registered clubs and organizations during this time period will be suspended. Any club or organization that does not meet the advisor requirements will automatically become inactive without a probationary period.
And finally any club or organization that has not rectified any unmet requirements during the probationary period will be considered Inactive. Should a club or organization become inactive, those rights extended to registered clubs and organizations will be lost until the club or organization becomes active again.
To regain active status after being considered inactive by the Office of Student Activities & Greek Life, the club or organization must go through the procedure of becoming active again. This process mimics the process for a new club or organization.
You must be a Student Senate Recognized club or organization in order to be eligible for an account number. If you need more information about your club's account, please contact the Office of Student Activities & Greek Life.
Any other questions can be directed to the Office of Student Activities & Greek Life at (717)337-6304.