Danielle Phillips, Director of Residential & First-Year Programs, informs students in the early arrival group about the move-in process for the spring semester.
This email is a follow up to Dean Foster’s email sent from Covid Updates on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 regarding the campus’ return plan for the spring 2021 semester. This email includes information on your specific move-in process and testing.
You are scheduled to arrive on campus as part of the early arrival group. This group includes winter break students, student teachers, and selected student staff who are essential to the opening of campus for other students.
Please read these important notes and reminders:
- All students in the early arrival group will be tested in Plank Gym on January 25 between the hours of 9am and 3pm. You will be contacted via email by Mobile Health next week to schedule your specific testing time for January 25. Please continue to monitor your email for correspondence from Mobile Health from sender “No Reply.”
- Student testing and move in will not occur after 3pm on Monday January 25. If you are unable to arrive by 3pm, you will need to change your arrival date to either January 24 or January 29 through January 31 by emailing Andy Hileman at email@example.com.
- Gettysburg College will not have move in or testing on January 26 through January 28.
- If you are arriving to campus on January 25, you should go directly to Plank Gym at your testing time. You will pick up your key and welcome bag immediately following your COVID test. Key pick up for students arriving on January 25 is at the Plank Gym testing site.
- If you are a Winter Break student, or one of the few early arrival students who have been approved to return on January 24, please follow the directions that you have already been given about key pick up at the Department of Public Safety office. If you are already on campus, you are still expected to test on January 25. When your test is completed, you can pick up a welcome bag at the key distribution table even if you have already received your key.
- Each student is permitted to have one additional person to help them move into their residence hall. Students and helpers must have a mask on throughout the entire move-in process.
- If you or your helper are feeling unwell on your date of arrival, we ask that you please adjust your move-in plans to come at a later date. This can be done by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students are required to quarantine in their rooms until they receive two negative test results. Please review the email sent on January 12 for a list of activities students can complete while in quarantine. Students in the early arrival group will be tested again on Friday, January 29. You will be contacted again via email by Mobile Health to select your testing time for January 29.
- If you no longer plan to arrive to campus on January 25, please email email@example.com so that we can schedule a new arrival day for you.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you all back on campus soon.
Office of Residential & First-Year Programs