Stevens Hall is the fourth oldest building on campus. Open in 1868 as a preparatory school for the College, it is named for Thaddeus Stevens, one of the College's founders and author of the 14th amendment. Today, this historical building houses up to 40 students.
Each room in Stevens Hall has hard-wood floors and the windows have blinds. Stevens Hall contains 5 bathrooms. Four bathrooms accommodate more than one person at a time and are single gender (male or female). One bathroom accommodates one person at a time and is gender-neutral.
Each student is provided with an extra-long (38 inches x 80 inches x 6 1/2 inches) bed; a desk and chair; a dresser and closet space. Students may loft or bunk their beds by acquiring the additional pieces necessary to do so. These pieces will be available in your building lobby during the first several weeks of the fall semester. There is approximately 15 inches between the floor and the bottom of the bed. To gain additional storage space below the bed, students may use bed risers, which are available for purchase at the College Bookstore.
On the first floor is one single room, one triple room and two double rooms. The second and third floors each have four double rooms and four triple rooms.
|Housing Rate||Plan 4|
|Meal plan required||Yes|
|Open for Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring Breaks||No|
|Type of bed frame(s) in each room||Wood (can be bunked/lofted)|
|Microfridge in each room||Yes|
|Laundry location||First floor|
|Kitchen location||First floor|
|Trash room location||Exterior|
|Network connection (W=wireless, D=data jack)||W & D|
|Television connection||Campus Cable|
Building type: Traditional Style Housing