The program goal is to provide the opportunity for employees to take up to eight (8) courses as a non-matriculated student (Guest Student) to meet some specific educational needs, career objectives or personal enrichment interests.
Guest Students must be a secondary school graduate or equivalent. Successful completion of high school coursework and/or any college-level work is required. While Gettysburg College graduates are eligible for the Guest Student program, courses earned will not be added to the previous undergraduate record. High school students interested in becoming a Guest student must get special permission from the Director of Admissions.
Guest Student Application Process
Guest Student application forms are available on the Registrar website and at the Admissions Office. An interview may be required.
- Complete the Guest Student application form (must include high school transcript and proof of graduation, college transcripts if courses have been taken at the college level, and a statement of educational goals). If you are applying as a continuing Guest Student, a Gettysburg College transcript is required as a part of the admissions process.
- Obtain instructor signature for the desired course(s).
- Submit the application for review and approval from the Admissions Office by August 1st for fall and December 19th for spring.
- Non-employee Guest Students who want to enroll in more than two courses must interview with the Admissions Office.
- Those in the teacher certification program must interview with the Education Department Chair.
- Guest Students are enrolled on a part-time basis in one or two courses in a given semester.
- Guest Students are limited to a total of
eight courseenrollments, provided the student is in good academic and social standing.
- Full-time non-employee Guest Student enrollment must be approved by the Admissions Office and is limited to one term. An interview is required.
Gettysburg College Employees
Gettysburg College employees may participate in the Guest Student program as a part of the fringe benefits provided by the College. The cost of tuition is paid by the College for eligible employees, their spouses/partners and children for up to two courses per semester. The employee must complete the proper paperwork in the Human Resources Office in order to have the tuition benefit applied toward the cost of the course. You must make these arrangements by August 15th for the fall semester and January 2nd for
Continuation of Enrollment as a Guest Student
Continuation of Guest Student enrollment is dependent on maintaining good academic and social standing. A new Guest Student application must be completed and submitted to the Admissions Office at least four weeks before the beginning of each semester (new secondary school records do not need to be submitted). Guest Students interested in being considered as a matriculated student must file the Common application with the Admissions Office by the appropriate deadline date. There is no guarantee of admission as a full-time matriculated student.
The Guest Student tuition fee is $3,180 per course unit for the 2015-2016 academic year, payable by August 15,
Guest Students who are not College employees, during the term in which they are enrolled, are eligible
- Library privileges (library card issued after registration from Registrar’s Office)
- Parking privileges by purchasing a parking sticker from the Department of Public Safety
- Full college credit for course(s) successfully completed (each course unit = 4 semester hours)
- CNAV (College Navigation) access
- Gettysburg College email account
Please note that as a non-employee Guest Student you will not be issued a student ID card and thus are not permitted to use facilities for which an ID card is required. Guest Students are not eligible to participate in student clubs, organizations, and varsity athletic programs.
Honor Code and Student Conduct
Gettysburg College seeks to establish and maintain an environment which provides for the development of the student as a whole person with an emphasis on inquiry,
Important Contact Information
Admissions Office – Eisenhower House, 717-337-6100
Registrar’s Office – College Union Building, 2nd Floor, 717-337-6240
Academic Advising Office – College Union Building, 2nd Floor, 717337-6579
Department of Public Safety (parking information) – Stevens St., 717-337-6912
Human Resources (for college employees) – 1st floor Pennsylvania Hall, 717-337-6165
Special reminders for Support Staff by the Support Staff Council
1. You must be a full-time staff employee who has completed at least one year of service at Gettysburg College, to be eligible.
2. The Registrar's Office in the College Union will provide information about available courses and the instructors for each course. Descriptions of courses are in the College
3. The place and time of the course you take is available at the Registrar's Office.
4. Books need not be bought until after the first class.
5. Keep all receipts for textbook purchases if you intend to apply for reimbursement from the Development Grant Program.