Announcing the 2018 Lincoln Prize Winner
The 2018 Gilder Lehrman Lincoln Prize will be awarded to Edward Ayers for his work, The Thin Light of Freedom: The Civil War and Emancipation in the Heart of America (W.W. Norton and Company).
The other finalists for the 2018 Gilder Lehrman Lincoln Prize were:
- Ron Chernow, Grant (Penguin Press).
- Gordon Rhea, On to Petersburg: Grant and Lee, June 4-14, 1864 (LSU Press).
- Tera Hunter, Bound in Wedlock: Slave and Free Black Marriage in the Nineteenth Century (Harvard University Press).
- Cate Lineberry, Be Free or Die (St. Martin’s Press).
- Graham Peck, Making an Antislavery Nation (University of Illinois Press).
- Adam I.P. Smith, The Stormy Present: Conservatism and the Problem of Slavery in Northern Politics: 1846—1865 (University of North Carolina Press).