Gettysburg College is a special place--it prepares students to be leaders and active citizens in their professions, communities, nation, and the world. It also creates a distinct and enduring bond between students, alumni, and faculty. Read below to see if you're showing any signs of being a Gettysburgian!
1. You got the dot.
2. When you see a need in your community, you fill it.
3. The Cupola is your Mt. Everest.
4. Your top celebrity sightings include JMR.
5. You are not fooled by the Stine Lake name.
6. Any stranger with a Gettysburg College car decal or t-shirt = instant bff.
7. You’ve led an impromptu tour of the battlefields for friends and family.
8. Every cookie you’ve ever eaten is compared to those masterpieces created by SERVO.
9. You studied abroad and have amazing photos from your experience.
10. The professors you had for class helped you to reach new heights.
11. The colors orange and blue hold a special place in your heart.
12. You were lucky if you carried even one pillow to your room on Move-In Day.
13. You created friendships on campus that will last a lifetime.
14. You DO GREAT WORK!
Know of more ways to spot a Gettysburgian? Be sure to list them in the comments section below or share them on Facebook.
Founded in 1832, Gettysburg College is a highly selective four-year residential college of liberal arts and sciences with a strong academic tradition. Alumni include Rhodes Scholars, a Nobel laureate, and other distinguished scholars. The college enrolls 2,600 undergraduate students and is located on a 200-acre campus adjacent to the Gettysburg National Military Park in Pennsylvania.
Contact: Mike Baker, assistant director of communications, 717.337.6521.
Posted: Tue, 24 Sep 2013
Next on your reading list
Share this story: