Put your curiosity to work in the dynamic field of chemistry. Whether you’re exploring the building blocks of the universe or uncovering chemical reactions that could save lives, chemistry’s challenges are vast and thrilling. With a background in chemistry, you could create new medicines, contribute to clean energy, or develop advanced materials, such as those used in medical implants, to name a few.
As a Chemistry major or minor or a Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BMB) major, you'll gain a foundation in the basic theories and methods of chemical investigation and apply them to unique problems using state-of-the-art technology.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in:
- Interdisciplinary courses
- Faculty-mentored research
- Co-authorship with faculty on scientific publications
- Seminars by and discussions with speakers from academia, industry, and government labs
- A summer research program with >50 students in the sciences from all across campus
- Regional and national conferences where you will present your research findings
As a graduate of this program, you’ll obtain strong problem solving and quantitative skills that will prepare you for graduate study in chemistry or biochemistry, medical and dental schools, industrial and government research laboratories, secondary school teaching, or careers in a broad range of fields.
Combine your Chemistry studies with other scientific pursuits through the Cross-Disciplinary Science Institute.