The bachelor's degree in psychology provides solid preparation for work in a range of different areas. The knowledge you gain about perception, decision-making, motivation, communication, and other aspects of human behavior applies broadly to many fields. Most students who are interested in careers in the psychology field go on to further study in graduate school. But, it's also possible to get an entry-level job in psychology with a bachelor's degree.
Careers in psychology overview
- A 2018 special issue of Teaching of Psychology, (Vol 45 issue 1) focuses on career issues for undergraduate psychology majors.
- Online career-exploration resource for psychology majors.
- An overview of career opportunities, resources, and other helps.
Careers with a psychology bachelor's degree
- What can you do with a bachelor's degree in psychology?
- Career options with a bachelor's degree in psychology
- Examples of jobs that recent psychology alums from Gettysburg College have held.
- Video advice about career paths for psychology majors.
Resources for post-graduation job searches
- Psychology research job postings
- Clinical psychology research job postings
- Psychology job postings (and some internships)
General career resources