Based on the feedback and input we’ve received from our reunion committees, and the fact that overall registration numbers remain very low, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the October 7-10 Fall Reunion Weekend.
Updates for Reunion Classes:
Classes of 1976, 1981, 1986, 1991, 1996 we will plan to combine reunion celebrations with the 2s and 7s next June 2-5, 2022.
Classes of 1975, 1980, 1985, 1990, 1995 we look forward to celebrating with you in 2025 (May 29-June 1).
Classes of 1960, 1961, 1965, 1966, 1970 and 1971 please look for more information to come from your reunion committees about potential future plans.
We certainly didn’t expect to be in this position early this summer, when things were looking promising for our large-scale event in October, and we are extremely disappointed not to be able to host this special weekend. Among the considerations that led to our decision:
• We’ve heard directly from alumni across a wide range of class years expressing that they are just not comfortable in the current climate traveling to/attending Reunion Weekend with large groups of people.
• As a result, registration numbers for all of our reunion classes are significantly smaller than a traditional reunion weekend.
• With that reality facing reunion committees, there was consensus among them that to try and hold a celebratory reunion that would, in all likelihood, be poorly attended just wouldn’t meet anyone’s expectations for the successful and vibrant weekend to which we’ve become accustomed.
Here are a few other details that may be of interest:
• If you had already registered for Reunion Weekend, we will fully refund your credit card by the end of the month. If you would prefer to contribute your reunion fees to your Class Gift through the Gettysburg Fund (which some alumni have asked about) please let us know email@example.com by Sept. 26. Thank you for your consideration.
• If you elect to keep your travel plans in place, we hope you enjoy a beautiful, fall weekend in Gettysburg. The Destination Gettysburg site is a good resource for options and activities that weekend, which include The National Apple Harvest Festival.
Thanks so much for your understanding, and we look forward to hopefully seeing you on campus in more normal times!
Office of Alumni Relations
Make a Reunion Gift to the Gettysburg Fund
Make your gift online with a credit card using our secure website.
Future Reunion Weekend Dates
June 2 - 5, 2022
June 1 - 4, 2023