Celebration is a spring colloquium that showcases student work from a variety of disciplines in poster format. Students engage in an integrated mixture of poster presentations. But most importantly – Celebration is an opportunity for you to share your accomplishments in poster format!
- Celebration also offers valuable (and hard-to-obtain) experience in presenting and defending your intellectual and/or creative work. This is critical and sought-after skill whether you plan to pursue graduate study or employment after Gettysburg.
- You’ll also be able to practice your networking skills with students, faculty, staff, and guests in a friendly setting filled with encouragement!
Celebration is an opportunity for you!
Through this engaging event, you can:
- Exchange ideas with other students
- Work closely with faculty, who serve as mentors, and attend the event
- Learn to present academic research/experience or creative work product in a formal setting
- Receive feedback on your work
- Enhance your resume
- Celebrate your achievements with the campus community and your friends and family
Who is Eligible?
Celebration participants come from all class years: first-year, sophomore, junior, and senior. If you are a currently-enrolled student at Gettysburg College and you have secured a faculty or college administration sponsor, you can register their poster via the online application.
The PosterPoster Session: A variety of department/disciplines present together during one poster session. Each poster presenter has 90 minutes to present their work and answer questions from guests. Students may incorporate technology by way of a laptop computer to enhance the information provided on the poster. It cannot take the place of a poster. Examples would be audio clips of music or video pertaining to the project or a game that your guests can try. PowerPoint presentations are not permitted. Poster size must be 36"h x 48"w.
Follow the steps below to prepare and print your poster for Celebration.
- Attend a Poster Workshop if you can. If not, Contact Mallory Jallas in the library for an individual session.
- Create your poster in PowerPoint. Size to 36"h x 48" w. (Optional template)
- Check your work.
- Send the file to your mentor for review.
- Email a completed Ricoh request form and your PowerPoint file to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday April 19 to ensure it will be printed in time for the event.
- Pick up your printed poster from Ricoh in the West Building. They will notify you when ithas been printed.
- Post your poster in Bream Gym. All posters must be mounted by 4:15 p.m. on May 3. Posters are assigned so please refer to the assignment boards and locate your spot.