- Campers are asked to check-in between 10-11am on Sunday, July 10 (location and details coming soon). Adjusted check-in is available as needed.
- Camp programming will conclude at 1pm on Friday, July 15, followed by checkout from 1-2pm. Adjusted checkout is available as needed.
- Please note the June 1 deadline to reserve transportation to/from mass transit hubs (see below).
Lodging and Travel FAQs
Can you accommodate a certain housing/dietary/learning need?
Please contact our camp staff and we will work with you to identify possible accommodations.
What are the camp’s COVID-19 prevention measures?
Health and safety is our highest priority. We will follow all Gettysburg College health policies and continue to monitor the broader COVID-19 environment and how it may affect the camp. At this time, masks are not required on campus. We strongly encourage campers to be fully vaccinated but do not require it. At-home tests will be available as needed.
Where will campers stay overnight?
Students will bunk two to a room with another student of the same gender in Huber Hall, an air-conditioned residence hall at the northeast corner of campus. The hall includes communal bathrooms, common lounge, kitchen facilities, and coin laundry. Linens are provided. Please contact camp staff with any special accommodation requests.
Where will camp sessions be held?
Most educational sessions and break-out activities will be held in Breidenbaugh Hall. The Gettysburg College campus will also be used for a variety of other activities.
What are the dining facilities like?
Meals will be provided at the Gettysburg College Dining Center, an award-winning all-you-care-to-eat facility. Meal costs are included in tuition.
Are there any other costs not accounted for in camp tuition?
Transportation to camp is not included. Tuition includes all expenses once students arrive at Gettysburg College. Students can bring a small amount of cash for additional snacks, souvenirs, and other miscellaneous purchases.
Is transportation available from mass transit hubs?
Gettysburg College provides safe and convenient transportation to/from local airports and train stations including Harrisburg international Airport, Harrisburg Amtrak Station, BWI & Baltimore Amtrak, and Dulles International Airport. The shuttle runs on specific group shuttle times to best accommodate the group. Transportation will require an additional charge of $125 (round trip). This amount reflects the college’s standard transportation cost. If transportation is needed, attendees must arrange it themselves by contacting the transportation office directly as soon as possible: phone – 717-337-6923; email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: To guarantee transportation for your trip, reservations must be made by June 1, 2022.
- General summer camp attire: t-shirts, long-sleeve shirts, shorts, pants, socks, undergarments, sneakers
- Casual attire for DC trip: polo shirts, button downs, blouses, skirts, khakis, etc.
- Bathing suit (optional for pool party)
- Rain coat
- Reusable water bottle
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc.)
- Shower shoes / flip flops (optional)
- 2 notebooks, pens, & pencils
- Cell phone
- Laptop (optional)
- Books for downtime (optional)
Provided by Gettysburg College
- Blankets, sheets, pillows & cases