The information below is as up-to-date as possible but is subject to change.
- Schedule Deadlines
- Harrisburg Shuttle Times
- Departure From Campus
- Pick Up Locations at Mass Transit Centers
- Helpful Travel Tips
- Third-Party Services
Please keep in mind that we need 72 business hours advanced notice to ensure availability. You need to complete registration:
The transportation office is open from 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday. If your flight is late, or you are unable to find your driver, and it is after business hours, please call the Department of Public Safety at (717) 337-6912.
Harrisburg Shuttle Times
We have adjusted the Harrisburg shuttle times to better serve our customers.
Shuttles operate on a request only basis.
HTC (Harrisburg Amtrak) and MDT (Harrisburg International Airport) Shuttle Times
5:30am - 8:30am - 11:30am - 2:30pm - 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Departing Mass Transit Center:
6:30am - 10am - 1pm - 4pm - 7pm - 9:30pm
During high volume travel times around holiday breaks, the beginning / end of the semester, and reading days, charter services are not offered. Please make sure to have your SHUTTLES booked at least 7 days prior to traveling to guarantee a seat. Requests after this deadline may not be able to be accommodated. Below are some of the busy travel days and charter services are not available.
|October 9 and 12||Reading days|
|November 23 and 29||Thanksgiving|
|January 15 and 16||Return to campus|
|March 4 and 14||Spring Break|
Travel to or from Mass Transit Centers (MTC) using times other than scheduled shuttle times.
Harrisburg - $95 per vehicle each way
BWI & Shady Grove - $115 per vehicle each way
Dulles - $135 per vehicle each way
Reagan(DCA) - charter only - $145 per vehicle each way
Please keep in mind that we need 72 business hours advanced notice to ensure availability.
Departure From Campus
BWI, Dulles, and Shady Grove Shuttle Times:
Departing Campus: 6am – 9am – Noon – 3pm – 6pm
Our shuttles and charters depart campus from the following locations:
- The side entrance to the chapel on Stevens Street
- Constitution parking lot by the greenhouse
- The Gettysburg Hotel
Please be there no less than 15 minutes before your shuttle departure time!
Pick Up Locations at Mass Transit Centers
Departing MTC: 9am – Noon – 3pm – 6pm – 9pm
Please make sure that you turn on your cell phone as soon as you arrive at the Mass Transit Center!
Once you arrive at the pick up spot listed below, look for a white Gettysburg College van with blue lettering. Vehicles are not allowed to park and will have to continually circle the airport until they see you, so make sure that you are visible and on the lookout for our vans. Once you see the van, wave to the driver!
- Harrisburg International Airport : Proceed to the exit on the baggage claim level but do not enter the garage. Once outside, go to the second curb and wait there.
- Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI): Exit the baggage claim area at interior door #6 near Southwest Airlines. Once outside, go to the second curb, location 24 and wait there.
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD): Exit the baggage claim area through door 3 on the middle level. Once outside, go to the curb and wait there.
- Shady Grove Metro Station: Enter the tunnel and go to the right.
- Train (BWI and Harrisburg) / Harrisburg Bus terminal: Wait outside of the main entrance and look for the driver.
Helpful Travel Tips
- Shuttles should be booked when making your travel plans. Please keep our scheduled shuttle times in mind when booking your flights/ rides.
- When you are departing campus, you will need to leave at least 3 hours before a scheduled flight time.
- When you are departing a Mass Transit Center, you will need to land at least 30 minutes prior to the shuttle time.
- Shuttles operate on a request only basis, therefore reservations are required. Please make sure to make your reservation before the deadline to assure availability.
- We require a 24 hour notice for a full refund if you need to cancel your booked shuttle or charter.
- We are unable to transport anyone other than a student’s family members. Any family member under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
While Gettysburg College tries to make our campus accessible to everyone, local personal travel while you are here is not offered through our services. We have partnered with several other services to allow students other transportation options.
- Lyft & Uber: Download the apps via the Apple Store or Google Play
- Take the trolley to WalMart for supplies or out to the Outlets for shopping or a movie! Free to students with college ID! Visit www.ridethetrolley.com for more information.
- Breakshuttle provides direct, safe, and affordable rides during academic breaks. For more information, visit www.breakshuttle.com