Gettysburg College requires all wireless computers and devices to be registered on the wireless network. Users registering as Guests will lose network access after 7 days and will not be able to re-register for a year.
- Choose GBCWiFi as your wireless network option
- Launch an internet browser
- Follow the prompts to complete your device registration
If you have issues registering your device, check these detailed Wireless Registration Instructions or call the IT Helpdesk at 717-337-7000.
COVID-19 Note: Due to campus efforts to eliminate high-touch surfaces in academic buildings, all computer labs have been removed from Musselman Library, as well as from other campus buildings. See the Better Together website for more information on college efforts to reopen the campus.
Community patrons, Friends of Musselman Library, and alumni can log in to library computers by checking out a USB key at the Check Out Desk. Logging in to a computer with a USB key allows users to access the internet and all of the library’s online academic resources. In order to offer these resources, the following rules have been established for all computer users:
- The computers are made available primarily for the academic enrichment of our patrons and not for entertainment. Use of the main floor computers by a member of the community may be restricted to 2 hours per day if students and faculty need to utilize the work stations.
- Networked printing by community patrons is 10 cents per printed page (20 cents for double sided copies), payable at the Check Out Desk.
- Use of the computers to view sexually explicit material or other items deemed offensive to other library users, or harmful to minors, is prohibited. Refer to Pennsylvania Statute regarding “Obscene and other sexual materials and performances” - 18 Pa. C.S. 5903
- Use of these computers for any activity contrary to local, state, or federal laws is prohibited.
- Use of these computers to offer goods or services of a business or commercial nature is prohibited.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult to use the library computers.
Guests may use the USB keys to login to PCs located on the Main Level as well as the microfilm PC on the Lower Level. Priority use for the microfilm PC is given to users who require the microfilm reader.