What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary loan is a service that allows Gettysburg College students, faculty, and staff to borrow materials unavailable at Musselman Library from other libraries around the world.
If you have questions about interlibrary loan, please contact email@example.com.
- Search MUSCAT Plus first to see if available via Musselman Library.
- Not available? Select the option to "Search other libraries." If found, follow the prompt to "Request from other libraries" which will require signing in to your MUSCAT Plus account.
- Still not finding what you're looking for in MUSCAT Plus? Search WorldCat to find your book.
- If available via WorldCat, select the “Gett It!” button to request the item. You will be taken to MUSCAT Plus. Sign in to your library account using your campus credentials and place a request for a physical copy.
Borrowing Articles or Book Chapters
- Search MUSCAT Plus or other library databases to find articles or book chapters.
- If the full-text of an item is unavailable, use the “Gett It!” button to see if the article is available in other library databases.
- If available, you will be taken to a MUSCAT Plus page with links to the article or to the book.
- If unavailable, you will be prompted to sign in to your library account in order to request the item from another library. Once signed in, select the option to “request to get a digital copy.”
- You will be notified via email when the article is available to access in your library account.
Questions? Contact the interlibrary loan staff at firstname.lastname@example.org