The acquisition of goods and services is made by authorized employees from departments to which institutional funds are allocated. All procurements adhere to procurement authority levels, purchasing and identified restrictions.
- <=$5,000 All purchasing cardholders and non-cardholders designated by Level 1, 2, or 3 Approver
- <=$25,000 Level 1 Approver – Department head or equivalent with budget oversight as identified by divisional Vice-President
- <=$75,000 Level 2 Approver - Area directors or equivalent with budget oversight as identified by divisional Vice-President
- <=$100,000 Level 3 Approver - Divisional Vice-Presidents or equivalent
- <=$250,000 Level 4 Approver - President or Vice President for Finance & Administration/Treasurer
- >=$250,000 One Level 3 Approver and One Level 4 Approver
Authority for the acquisition of certain goods and services is restricted to designated departments or specific positions regardless of authority level or payment amount.
- Real estate purchases and leases - Vice President for Finance & Administration or President
- Vehicle purchases and leases - Facilities Services
- Banking, credit, payment, and any other financial service - Financial Services
- Maintenance and operation of campus buildings - Facilities Services
- Copier equipment - Auxiliary Services
- Technology purchases requiring IT installation, support, or connectivity to the campus network - Information Technology
- Temporary employment services - Human Resources