Are you looking to incorporate generative artificial intelligence (genAI) into your teaching and research? Do you want to access a wealth of genAI resources, tools, and opportunities that can enhance your academic career and benefit your students? Are you interested in finding out more about challenges related to genAI in the classroom?
This website is designed to provide you with an introduction to genAI and to how tie genAI use into your classes' learning goals and outcome.
What is AI and Why is it Important for Higher Education?
genAI is the science and engineering of creating intelligent machines and systems that can create new data from existing data, such as text, images, music, or code. Tasks that normally require human intelligence, such as perception, reasoning, learning, decision making, and natural language processing can all be contributed to by genAI tools. genAI is transforming the world in many ways, from improving health care and education to advancing science and art.
genAI is not only relevant for STEM fields, but also for liberal arts disciplines such as humanities, social sciences, arts, and languages. It can help faculty and students explore new questions, methods, perspectives, and insights in their fields of interest. It can also help faculty and students develop essential skills for the 21st century, such as critical thinking, creativity, communication, collaboration, and ethical reasoning.
How Can This Website Help You?
This website is a one-stop resource for your genAI needs as a faculty member. Here you will find:
- genAI 101: An introduction to AI concepts, techniques, and applications
- genAI 201: A curated collection of AI resources, such as online courses, books, podcasts, blogs, journals, datasets, and software
- Mention of AI experts, mentors, collaborators, and networks that can offer advice, feedback, support, and opportunities
- A showcase of AI projects, publications, grants, awards, and events —and even a series of videos demonstrating the use of genAI to complete homework assignments from courses across the curriculum (Do my homework, genAI)
- Policy and practice: A step-by-step process for helping to define genAI’s role in your classroom
How to Get Started?
To get started, simply browse this website using the navigation menu, search bar, or links on the page. We hope you find the resources we've curated for you to be useful for your teaching and research.