Danielle Phillips, Director of Residential & First-Year Programs, explains the three phases of the housing selection process.
I hope that this email finds your semester going well and you enjoying the transition to spring weather. This email is the first in a series of emails regarding housing selection for the Fall 2021 academic year. As with many things this academic year, the timeline for housing selection has shifted slightly from past years and will begin in the coming weeks and run through the beginning of May.
This email shares the overall timeline and information related to the three phases of the housing selection process. Each phase is explained here and includes relevant dates for each process. More information will be shared on an ongoing basis during different phases of the process.
Phase I – Pre-Online Housing Selection
Phase 1 includes a number of processes that occur before the online housing selection lottery, including the following:
- Disability Accommodations
- Friday, March 19 – Accommodation Requests Due
- Week of March 22 – Begin Accommodation Placements
- Friday, April 2 – Accommodation Acceptance Forms Due
- College House Selection (For more information about the College House Program, please visit here.)
- Friday, March 19 through Thursday, April 1 – College House Recruitment Events
- Week of March 22 – College House Applications Available
- Sunday, March 28, 1-3pm – College House Virtual Recruitment Fair
- Friday, April 2 – College House Applications Due
- Tuesday, April 6 and Wednesday, April 7 – House Resident Notifications Made
- Thursday, April 8 – College House Final Rosters Due
- Greek Fraternity Housing
- Week of March 22 – Greek House Rosters Sent to Organizations
- Friday, April 2 – Greek House Rosters Due
- Residential & First-Year Programs Student Staff (and roommates)
- Friday, April 2 – Staff Acceptance Deadline, including roommates
Phase II – Online Housing Selection
Phase II is our online housing selection lottery. Students are assigned lottery numbers to participate in the housing selection lottery. These numbers are assigned by class year:
- Juniors (Rising Seniors) – Random lottery number assignment within the rising senior class
- Sophomores (Rising Juniors) – Students are assigned into housing groups based on Sophomore Success Program participation. Within each group, lottery numbers are assigned randomly.
- First-Years (Rising Sophomores) – Students are assigned into housing groups based on Extended Orientation participation. Within each group, lottery numbers are assigned randomly.
Please note the following dates for the online housing selection lottery:
- Friday, April 2 – Final deadline for all Sophomore Success Programs components
- Monday, April 19 – Last First-Year Community Meeting (end of Extended Orientation program)
- Tuesday, April 20 – Lottery numbers and times published to current juniors and sophomores; Current juniors and sophomores can begin selecting roommates.
- Sunday, April 25 – Current Junior and Sophomore Online Housing Selection
- Tuesday, April 27 – Lottery numbers and times published for current first-year students; Current first-year students can begin selecting roommates.
- Sunday, May 2 – Current First-Year Online Housing Selection
Phase III – Waitlists
Phase III of the housing selection process is the waitlist process. If during the housing selection process you do not get a housing assignment or your first choice in housing assignment, you are able to complete a waitlist form that will be used to fill housing vacancies as they become available. More information about waitlists will be provided later in the housing selection process.
More information will be shared about each of these phases and processes over the coming weeks as each process nears. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns about the above information, please contact Residential & First-Year Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Danielle Phillips, Director