1. The Director of Student Rights and Responsibilities shall determine the composition of Student Conduct Review Boards and determine which Student Conduct Review Board or Student Conduct Administrator shall be authorized to hear each matter. Typically, the Director of Student Rights and Responsibilities will refer cases to the Student Conduct Review Board, if in the determination of the Director of Student Rights and Responsibilities, suspension or expulsion are possible sanctions/outcomes from an alleged violation of policy. Incidents not rising to the suspension or expulsion standard may be heard by Student Conduct Administrators or the Student Conduct Review Board.
2. The Student Conduct Review Board
A. Student Conduct Review Board Membership
1) Student members are appointed by the Student Senate. Senate will solicit nominations from the full student body, including outreach to major College organizations to solicit nominations for a one year term. Senate's goal is to select a diverse pool of student Board members to represent the interests of the full College community. Students may be appointed to successive terms.
2) Faculty members are appointed by the Faculty Council to a one year term.
3) Administrative members are selected by the Vice President for College Life and Dean of Students.
B. Student Conduct Review Board Hearing Panel
A Student Conduct Review Board Hearing Panel is comprised of one administrator, one faculty member and three student members (all voting). A non-voting chairperson will be appointed by the Director of Student Rights and Responsibilities. No student member will have been found responsible of a major violation before or while serving on the Student Conduct Review Board. Minor cases will be reviewed by the Director of Student Rights and Responsibilities. Dismissal will be on a case-by-case basis.
When a Student Conduct Review Board panel cannot be convened, such as at the beginning or end of a semester, the Director of Student Rights and Responsibilities may convene those members of the Student Conduct Review Board available or assign the case to a Student Conduct Administrator for adjudication. In cases where a panel hearing cannot be convened, those members of the Student Conduct Review Board who are convened or the Student Conduct Administrator may suspend or expel students from the College.
C. Absent an appeal pursuant to the process described in Article IV Section 4, below, decisions made by a Student Conduct Review Board or the Director of Student Rights and Responsibilities shall be final.