Individuals or organization are prohibited from selling products or soliciting business on the campus of Gettysburg College without prior written consent of the College Bookstore Director. This includes, but is not limited to, student organizations and departments. Involvement of the College Bookstore is critical to ensure accuracy, transparency and accountability when working with vendors.
- Vendor is defined as any person, persons or organization that is selling products or soliciting the Gettysburg College community for business purposes. Any organization that is representing various companies or products will be defined as a vendor.
- Vendor is required to complete a Vendor Agreement, Vendor Information form and Reference List to be considered for solicitation privileges on Gettysburg College property.
- Vendor is required to fully disclose who they are, who they represent and who benefits from the sale of merchandise displayed at Gettysburg College.
- Insurance: Vendor is required to carry a minimum of one million dollar ($1,000,000.00) insurance policy naming Gettysburg College as additionally insured. A copy of this policy must be forwarded to the Gettysburg College Bookstore prior to vendor date approval. It is the responsibility of the Vendor to ensure the bookstore is in receipt of a current insurance policy. If a current insurance policy is not received ten (10) business days prior to the event date, the date and space allocation may be forfeited.
- Prior to an event, Vendor will provide the Gettysburg College Bookstore a complete list of products and prices of items to be sold. Maximum selling price for any one (1) item may not exceed $150.00. Gettysburg College reserves the right to exclude items deemed inappropriate.
- Vendors are not permitted to use the Gettysburg College name, seal or logos on any product(s) they sell or produce. The Gettysburg College name, seal and logos are registered trademarks that may not be reproduced in part to total. The Gettysburg College name, seal and logos may not be used for advertising purposes without prior written approval.
- All purchases (cash, check, credit card and/or student charge) are to be rung through the Gettysburg College Bookstore register system to ensure sales and taxes are properly recorded and commissions are properly received. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- At the conclusion of the designated vendor sales date(s), the Gettysburg College Bookstore will generate a sales report. A 20% commission per transaction will be deducted from the vendor's total gross sales. A check request will submitted to the Office of Financial Services for the balance of the sales. Check requests average three-to-five weeks for processing. Please plan accordingly.
- No more than two (2) outside vendors are permitted on campus per day.
- Student organizations are permitted a maximum of one (1) vendor sponsorship per semester.