Procedures for Requesting Transcript
In accordance to FERPA guidelines, all requests for transcripts must include a signature, or a consent form if you choose the electronic transcript option.
You may request a copy of your official Gettysburg transcript which includes the Registrar's signature and college seal in any of the following ways:
- You may order an Electronic Transcript via the National Student Clearinghouse. There is a charge for this service, typically $4.00 or less for each transcript. The link to order an electronic transcript can be found here. If you need more information, you can also visit the Help section for ordering an electronic version of your transcript.
- You may visit the Registrar's Office and complete a transcript request form.
- You may mail a letter to the Registrar's Office requesting that your transcript be sent or prepared for pick-up.
The following information should be included in your request:
- Your name during time of attendance
- Dates of attendance and/or a year of graduation For participants in programs awarding Continuing Education Units (CEUs), please indicate the program attended
- A social security number, student ID number,and/or birthdate
- Complete mailing address information for where transcript(s) should be sent. Please keep in mind that transcripts delivered to you will be stamped "Issued to Student".
- Your signature
- Daytime telephone number
- You may fax a written request including the information specified in Option 3
- THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR TRANSCRIPTS SENT BY US MAIL SERVICE.
- Transcripts can be sent by UPS Express Mail Service.
The information necessary for this service is as follows:
TYPE OF CARD
CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT NUMBER
Daytime Telephone Number
This information must be provided before the request will be processed and will be given to UPS for billing.
- Transcripts can be faxed to a specific destination. However, faxed transcripts may not be considered official because the embossed seal will not be included.
Mailing address for transcript requests:
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Fax Number for transcript requests: 717-337-6245
Transcript requests are processed every Tuesday and Thursday.
TRANSCRIPTS WILL NOT BE RELEASED IF FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS HAVE NOT BEEN SATISFIED
Please call 717-337-6244 for questions regarding transcripts.