Incoming Student Welcome Letter from Dean Ramsey
Please begin planning for your arrival and take particular note of the Move-In Map to assist you in a seamless start to your day on August 27 between 8am-11.30am.
COURSE REGISTRATION UPDATE
Course Registration is closed as of July 14th. Course Registration will re-open August 6th.
If you have any questions as you're registering, please contact our office or the Registrar's Office (email@example.com).
First-Year Announcement of Courses (FY AOC) Supplement (updated 06/16/2014)
We require every new incoming Gettysburg College student to complete AlcoholEdu for College and Haven before arriving on campus.
AlcoholEdu for College has two sections, and Haven is one course with several sections that will take an additional 45 minutes to an hour to complete. You must complete both sections of AlcoholEdu and Haven to fulfill this requirement or you will be placed on a registration hold and ineligible to register for spring classes:
- You may access both courses beginning Monday, August 4th.
- Part 1 of AlcoholEdu takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete, and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. This part ends after the Exam and Survey 2. You must earn a grade of 75% or higher to pass and receive credit for the course. The deadline for finishing Part 1 is Friday, August 29th.
- About 30-45 Days after you complete Part 1, you will receive an email asking you to complete Part 2, which takes approximately 15 minutes. The deadline to complete Part 2 is Monday, October 27th.
- Haven is a separate course that you can take at any point before the August 29th deadline.
- NOTE: Only once you have finished Part 2 have you completed the program.
POST OFFICE UPDATE
First-Years will receive Post Office Box numbers the first week of August.
Subscribe to Gettysburg's email alerts including Bullets Athletics scores & Bullet Points, a monthly e-newsletter for Alumni, Parents and Friends.
Show us your Gettysburg College Class of 2018 pride:
- You can send your pictures and videos (or send the links if they are already online) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are on Instagram, tag your photos with #gburg2018 and @gettysburgcollege.
- On Twitter, use #gburg2018 and @gettysburg.
- We are also looking for pictures of the newest Gettysburgians wearing Gettysburg orange and blue.
Get out your camera (or phone) and share your orientation. View all of the Orientation coverage.
Office of Residential & First-Year Programs
Building: College Union Building
Room Number: 250
Phone: (717) 337-6901
Office Hours: M-F 8:30-5:00, closed 12:00pm - 1:00pm for lunch
Campus Box: 430
Website: Residential & First-Year Programs
myFYDashboard and Course Registration Resources: