Now Hear This! Recital Hour, held on Fridays from 3:00 - 4:00pm, is a weekly time for our community of musicians to gather for student solo and chamber music performances, master classes, and presentations by Conservatory faculty members and guests. The purpose is to increase students' understanding of music, the aspects of music performance, and various professional issues related to music. Through attendance, students are exposed to a wide variety of repertory and styles, mediums, genres, and techniques.
Regular attendance is expected of all music majors. Music minors are expected to attend during the semesters in which they are registered for private applied instrument/voice lessons.
Any student registered for private applied study is eligible to perform.
To schedule a performance time during the Friday at 3:00 p.m., Now Hear This! Recital Hour:
- The student must obtain a recital request card from the Conservatory office and fill in all the required information (legibly).
- The student must take the card to the studio instructor for approval on date and music choices, the studio instructor will sign the card, and the student will return the card to the office.
- Completed and signed cards are due to the Conservatory office by 5:00 pm one week prior to the requested Now Hear This! recital date (the Friday before).
- A proof of the Now Hear This! recital program will be e-mailed to the studio instructor.
- Approval from the studio instructor is needed by 5:00 p.m. on the Wednesday prior to the recital date.