CGE Application Deadlines for ALL programs are the same:
- OCTOBER 1st for spring semester programs
- MARCH 1st for fall semester or academic year programs
If you do not have your CGE application submitted by these deadlines, you will have to wait until the next semester to study globally.
Any student who wishes to apply for a Non-affiliated Program must submit a formal petition by the following dates:
- SEPTEMBER 15th for spring semester programs
- FEBRUARY 15th for fall semester programs
Program Provider Application – varies by program; please check the program's website (some application deadlines will be before the Gettysburg application deadline)
In order to keep the global study academic experience as seamless as possible, students take a "full load" course equivalent on any global study program, which will then transfer back to Gettysburg as 4 course units (which is our on-campus "full load" equivalent).
- Many global study programs have different credit systems than Gettysburg, so you might need to take more than - or less than - 4 classes to equal 4 Gettysburg course units.
- You must take a "full load" of courses when studying off campus. This “full load” will transfer back to Gettysburg as 4 course units. Many global study programs have different credit systems than Gettysburg, so you might need to take more than - or less than - 4 classes to equal 4 Gettysburg course units. In most cases, a “full load” while studying globally is equal to 15-16 semester hours of credit.
- Students studying globally are not permitted to take an "overload" of classes during a global study term and may never transfer back more than 4 course units.
Students participating in Affiliated Programs will receive credits AND grades for the courses they take. All grades will show on your Gettysburg transcript (A-F) and they will be factored into your Gettysburg GPA.
All courses taken on Non-Affiliated Programs are transferred to Gettysburg as credit ONLY, assuming you receive a C- or better. If you receive a grade lower than a C-, you will not receive credit for the course. Grades on Non-affiliated Programs are important, however, particularly for those students whose GPA at Gettysburg makes them eligible for graduation honors. In these cases, grades from Non-affiliated Programs will be factored into your overall record in order to assure you maintain your honors eligibility. Additionally, graduate schools will also request copies of transcripts from all of the institutions that have issued you a transcript.