The Accounting Office records the financial transactions of the College, coordinates financial reporting processes (internal CNAV department financial reports, institutional audit, tax, and other external financial reports), and assists with the development and support of internal control processes over financial reporting.
About the College’s fiscal year and accounting periods...
Current fiscal year: Fiscal year 2021 or FY21 = June 1, 2020 - May 31, 2021
- The fiscal year runs June 1 to May 31. Name of fiscal year is determined by which calendar year May 31st falls.
- Fiscal year end considerations (PDF)
- General ledger (G/L)
- Summary list of g/l account descriptions
- Chart of accounts structure
- Frequently Used General Ledger Accounts - Expenses (PDF)
- Transfer of charges between accounts or departments
- Journal entry (J/E) source code descriptions
- Restricted use funds:
- Grants (2xxxx) and (12500)
- Endowment and Current Restricted (4xxxx and 2xxxx)
- Plant (7xxxx)
- Agency (9xxxx)
Frequently used financial terms
- Understanding CNAV financial reports and instructions (PDF)
- Consolidated Financial Statements (PDF) - May 31, 2020
- Investment and Treasury Operations - F & A Publications
- Internal financial reports are available via CNAV and include G/L activity processed through end of prior business day.