Vehicle - Personal use
Effective date January 1, 2022, business use of a personal vehicle is reimbursable at the rate 58.5 cents per mile.
Requirements for reimbursement
- Employee Reimbursement Form with explanation of the business purpose
- Document mileage driven with either start/stop odometer readings or a mapping tool printout. Subtract daily commute miles from total mileage if applicable.
- IRS regulations require that your daily commuting mileage from home to work is to be subtracted from any mileage reimbursement when travel begins/ends from home instead of the College.
- Calculation worksheet on page 2 of the Employee Reimbursement Form
- Sample Calculation #1: An employee lives in Littlestown and drives to Harrisburg for a conference. Total round trip mileage is 93.20. Their daily round trip commute to the College is 20.38 miles. They can be reimbursed for 72.82 miles.
- Sample Calculation #2: An employee lives in Camp Hill and drives to Harrisburg for a conference. Total round trip miles is 7.94. Their daily round trip commute to the College is 69.24. They are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Sample Calculation #3: An employee leaves the College and drives to BWI for a conference then returns to the College. No daily round trip commute deduction is required.
Gas / Fuel Purchases
Gas / Fuel purchase reimbursements are allowable for rental or college owned vehicles only.
An employee may request reimbursement for moving travel. These requests should be directed to HR or the Provost Office for authorization. The mileage reimbursement rate for moving as of January 1, 2022 is 18 cents per mile (taxable to the employee).