Jeff Foster, Dean of Students, and Darrien Davenport, Assistant VP of College Life, share a video message from President Iuliano, and an update for the campus community on this week’s COVID status.
Dear Campus Community,
Every Friday, we will send an email directing you to the College’s COVID-19 dashboard.
The College continues to operate at a moderate alert level. Please note that based on a number of current conditions, including the campus positivity rate and local conditions, the College could change the alert level or enact increased mitigation strategies. The campus community will be notified immediately if the alert level changes and if new mitigation strategies have been enacted.
Please watch this video from President Iuliano as he reflects on our first month of the spring semester.
Reminders and updates
- While the large majority of students have been following rubric and safety protocols, there have been a few gatherings among students recently where more than the posted number of students were in one space and they were not wearing masks. As stated in the rubric, the host of the gathering will be moved to remote study and those attending the gathering will be placed on short-term remote study. Please note the number of students assigned to remote study increased from 3 to 6 this past week.
- Mobile Health recently notified the College that the Wednesday (2/24) test specimens have yet to be transported to the lab for processing. The delay is a result of a FedEx shipping backlog. Students who tested on Wednesday (2/24) may not receive their results until Sunday or Monday morning.
- Students are required to test twice per week. Either on Tuesday/Saturday or Wednesday/Saturday. As we conclude the week, all students should report to Plank Gym tomorrow (Saturday 2/27) to be tested unless they have an exemption. Those students exempt from testing are already aware of their exemption. Students who miss COVID-19 testing for a second time are subject to being assigned to remote study.
- Faculty and staff who are teaching and/or working on campus, even on a limited or rotational basis, must be tested on a regular basis.
- Please remember that students are required to conduct and record daily symptom monitoring through the Medicat portal.
Thank you for your cooperation this spring semester. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Jeff Foster, D.Ed.
Interim Vice President for College Life and Dean of Students
Darrien Davenport, Ed.D.
Assistant Secretary to the BOT/Assistant Vice President of College Life