Keira Kant, Associate Dean of College Life, updates the Class of 2024 about Fall 2021 planning.
Dear Class of 2024,
I hope this email finds you well and enjoying your summer! We write to you—in partnership with the Class Officers—to provide an update on the initial plans for this upcoming year that we outlined in our May email, as well as to follow up on the message shared by President Iuliano last week.
UPDATES – Class of 2024 Engagement Opportunities for Fall 2021:
- Retain Class of 2024 Advisory Board – As you will recall, the College hosted an Advisory Board for the Class of 2024. The group met regularly in the Spring 2021 semester via Zoom and plans to meet again this fall to work with the Class Officers. This fall we will be able to meet in person!
- If you have an interest in joining this group, please email Class_2024_AdvisoryGroup@gettysburg.edu to receive more information and to be added to the group. The Class Officers will be in touch closer to the start of the semester.
- Class of 2024 Barbeque Dinner, Rita’s Ice, and Games – Sophomores are invited to join classmates on Sunday, August 29, at 5 p.m. for dinner and lawn games to get reacquainted with one another or to meet for the first time. The Barbeque Dinner (meal cards will be swiped) will be served at the Atrium with seating available outside on the lawn between the Dining Center/Atrium and Bream Wright Hauser. Rita’s Ice will be served as well! Rain location is Atrium/Grill (inside of the Dining Center).
- First-Year Walk for the Class of 2024 – As President Iuliano shared in his most recent communication, Gettysburg College continues to work on details with the National Park Service and local authorities to determine when we may be able to offer this important tradition for you next year. We were hoping to have more specific details to include in this update, but there are still some outstanding pieces that we are waiting to confirm.
Please know that we remain committed to providing this experience for all members of the Class of 2024. Thank you for your ongoing patience as we navigate the many logistical elements associated with hosting this event on the Cemetery’s hallowed grounds. The date and time of the Walk will be communicated when more information is available.
- Monthly Class Gatherings and Events – If you have any suggestions or recommendations for events, programs, etc., in regards to monthly gatherings and events for the Class of 2024, please submit them to Class_2024_AdvisoryGroup@gettysburg.edu. We’d love to hear your ideas!
- Sophomore Success Program – Residential & First-Year Programs implements the Sophomore Success Program in partnership with various departments, including the Center of Career Engagement, the Garthwait Leadership Center, and the Center for Public Service. The program is designed to help students get the most out of their sophomore year by exploring career opportunities, connecting with campus resources, and engaging in high-impact programming.
Be safe and well.
Class of 2024 Advisory Group Advisors:
Allison Schofield ’11, associate director of residential & first-year programs
Keira Kant ’95, associate dean of college life
First-Year Class Officers:
Jack Comegno, president
Giovanna Komst, vice-president
Gwen Michaels, treasurer
Natalie Peck, secretary