About the First-Year Dashboard
The information on this page will be critical to your success in utilizing our online pre-orientation program, referred to as the First-Year Dashboard from here onward.
The First-Year Dashboard is a secure system Gettysburg uses to gather information about our incoming students so we can be ready for you when you arrive. You will be asked to provide information about your academic interests, any credits you are bringing with you from previous study, your health histories and insurance, housing preferences, your family, etc. In addition to providing information, you will also be asked to take the appropriate placement test(s) and complete information regarding financial authorizations and responsibilities. Students MUST complete the First-Year Dashboard to be eligible to register for courses on July 15.
Accessing the dashboard
As long as you have an internet connection, you will be able to access the Dashboard anywhere in the world, at any time; please refer to Tips for Completing the Dashboard below for suitable browsers.
To access the Dashboard, please follow the below instructions and additional tips to ensure a smooth experience with our system.
In order to successfully access the First-Year Dashboard, you will need:
- Your USERID, found in the welcome letter in your Student Portal
- Your temporary password, provided in the email you receive from Keira Kant
- Click the access link for the First-Year Dashboard at the bottom of this page; you should see a login box
- Enter your USERID (see above)
- Enter your temporary password (see above)
- You will be prompted to change your password. Please change the password using the password guidelines and make note of the new password you just created.
- Once your password has been successfully changed, you will be logged in to the First-Year Dashboard
- The first (and initially only) item you will see will be College Email and Account Management. Here, you will perform your initial configuration for your college email account and set up your password recovery options.
- Once you have completed your email and password recovery setup, click on the First-Year Dashboard link once again
- You may need to log in again. Please do so with your USERID and the new password you created previously.
- Begin completing the various components of the Dashboard. For each item in the Dashboard that you complete, a green check mark will appear. If a green check mark does not appear when you believe it should, refresh the page. NOTE: It may take up to 24 hours for a green check mark to appear for the Health History and Mental Health History items.
- When all items are marked complete, you will receive a congratulations message on your screen.
Tips for completing the dashboard
- If you forget your password, return to the College Email website to reset your password. Enter your USERID followed by “@gettysburg.edu” (so it should appear as email@example.com) and click Next. Follow the instructions to reset your password.
- It is recommended to use either Chrome or Firefox web browsers.
- Please complete the Dashboard on a laptop or PC. While work has been done to make the Dashboard as mobile-friendly as possible, some functions are unavailable on mobile devices.
- Please ensure your browser is set to use English. We apologize in advance to our international students for the added complexity.
- Parts of the Dashboard can be time consuming. It is helpful to start early, and have the time to complete it over multiple days if necessary.
- For some students, it may be helpful to involve your parents and/or family members in this process.
- Have your health and mental health history on hand.
- If you have private insurance and want to opt out of the college’s insurance, have this information on hand.
Dashboard Category Checklist
- Academic Preparation (Academic Planning; Placement Tests)
- Campus Community (Bias Awareness, Recreation, Volunteerism)
- Personal Information (Financial; Health and Insurance; Emergency Contacts)
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional information will be forthcoming regarding drop-in Zoom hours--please check your email for more information.