About the First-Year Dashboard
The information on this page will be critical to your success in utilizing our online pre-orientation program, referred to as the First-Year Dashboard from here onward.
The First-Year Dashboard is a secure system Gettysburg uses to gather information about our incoming students so we can be ready for you when you arrive. You will be asked to provide information about your academic interests, any credits you are bringing with you from previous study, your health histories and insurance, housing preferences, your family, etc. In addition to providing information, you will also be asked to take the appropriate placement test(s) and complete information regarding financial authorizations and responsibilities. Students MUST complete the First-Year Dashboard to be eligible to register for courses on June 16.
Accessing the dashboard
Prior to May 19, you will receive your username and a temporary password from Residential & First-Year Programs. You will use this information to access the Dashboard for the first time. More specific instructions will be provided in future communications.
As long as you have an internet connection, you will be able to access the Dashboard anywhere in the world, at any time; please refer to Tips for Completing the Dashboard below for suitable browsers.
Tips for completing the dashboard
- It is recommended to use either Chrome or Firefox web browsers.
- Please complete the Dashboard on a laptop or PC. While work has been done to make the Dashboard as mobile-friendly as possible, some functions are unavailable on mobile devices.
- Please ensure your browser is set to use English. We apologize in advance to our international students for the added complexity.
- Parts of the Dashboard can be time consuming. It is helpful to start early, and have the time to complete it over multiple days if necessary.
- For some students, it may be helpful to involve your parents and/or family members in this process.
- Have your health and mental health history on hand.
- If you have private insurance and want to opt out of the college’s insurance, have this information on hand.
Dashboard Category Checklist
- Academic Preparation (Academic Planning; Placement Tests)
- Campus Community (Bias Awareness, Recreation, Volunteerism)
- Personal Information (Financial; Health and Insurance; Emergency Contacts)
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional information will be forthcoming regarding drop-in Zoom hours—please check your email for more information.