Welcome to the Gettysburg Writing Center!
The Writing Center is a place where students across all disciplines can come to talk about their writing. No matter where you are in your writing process, trained, enthusiastic tutors from a variety of disciplines are here to discuss and clarify ideas, plan next steps, and suggest and help implement strategies to help you meet your goals for your writing.
Sunday through Thursday, 4pm to 10pm, online only, by appointment.
How it works
The Writing Center is open Sunday–Thursday, 4pm–10pm, from the second week of classes through the last week of classes.
There are several different ways you can work with a Writing Center tutor, including both in-person and online options.
- In-person, we have TWO locations: the main Center on the ground floor of Breidenbaugh and the Annex on the lower level of Musselman Library. Appointments are encouraged, but we’re happy to take walk-ins as we are able!
- Please note that the Breidenbaugh and Library locations use different calendars—if your desired time isn’t available in one, check the other!
- Online, you can either 1) schedule an online appointment to meet synchronously with a tutor for 25 or 50 minutes or 2) select eTutoring and upload your draft to receive asynchronous feedback at the end of your appointment time (50 minutes only).
- For online and eTutoring options, it doesn’t matter which calendar/location you select.
How to make an appointment
To schedule an appointment, just click the button below or go to https://gettysburg.mywconline.com/.
Schedule an Appointment
- Register: the first time you make an appointment, you’ll be asked to create an account with WCOnline, our scheduling software.
- Pick a calendar: please note that there are separate calendars for the Breidenbaugh and Library locations.
- Pick a time: once you’re in the calendar of your choice, available time slots will appear in white while unavailable times will appear in navy blue—if your time of choice is not available, check the other calendar! Note that not all tutors offer eTutoring options.
- Tell us what you’re looking for: when you’re ready, click on the time slot you want and fill out the appointment form to tell us what you want to work on, including any drafts or prompts you may want to provide. Remember that to allow tutors time to properly respond, eTutoring appointments must be 50 minutes long.
- Meet with your tutor: to begin an online session, just log into WCOnline, go to your appointment, and click the link. Feedback from eTutoring can be downloaded here or sent via email.
If you need to cancel an appointment, we ask that you do so at least four hours in advance to give someone else an opportunity to schedule during that time.
Questions or concerns should be directed to:
Melissa Forbes, Writing Center Coordinator