Welcome to the Gettysburg Writing Center!
The Writing Center is a place where students across all disciplines can come to talk about their writing. No matter where you are in your writing process, trained, enthusiastic tutors from a variety of disciplines are here to discuss and clarify ideas, plan next steps, and suggest and help implement strategies to help you meet your goals for your writing.
Sunday through Thursday, 4pm to 10pm, online only, by appointment.
How it works
In Fall 2020, we’ll be operating remotely and by appointment from 4pm to 10pm, Sundays to Thursdays. If that doesn’t work with your time zone, you can email email@example.com for an appointment time that meets your needs.
We’ll be offering two kinds of sessions:
- Online sessions, where you work with a tutor live
- Can be 25 or 50 minutes
- Connect with tutor via video or phone
- Etutoring, where you upload your paper and receive a written response by the end of your appointment time
- 50 minutes only
- Upload/link paper in the appointment form
How to make an appointment
To schedule an appointment, just click the button below or go to https://gettysburg.mywconline.com/.
Schedule an Appointment
- Register: the first time you make an appointment, you’ll be asked to create an account with WCOnline, our scheduling software.
- Pick a time: once you’re in the calendar, available time slots will appear in white while unavailable times will appear in navy blue. Note that some tutors are available for both Etutoring and Online appointments, and others are available for online appointments only.
- Tell us what you’re looking for: when you’re ready, click on the time slot you want and fill out the appointment form to tell us what you want to work on, including any drafts or prompts you may want to provide. Remember that to allow tutors time to properly respond, Etutoring appointments must be 50 minutes long.
- Meet with your tutor: to begin an online session, just log into WCOnline, go to your appointment, and click the link. Feedback from Etutoring can be downloaded here or sent via email.
If you need to cancel an appointment, we ask that you do so at least four hours in advance.
Questions or concerns should be directed to:
Melissa Forbes, Writing Center Coordinator