Gettysburg College is committed to working with our international students and their families to ensure that the ability to pay does not become an obstacle to a Gettysburg education.
Gettysburg College embraces diversity and has a strong commitment to our international students. We strive to meet the demonstrated financial need for all admitted international students; however, the financial aid process is highly competitive and funds are limited.
How to Apply For Financial Aid
Gettysburg College requires two forms from international students who wish to apply for financial aid.
- International Student Financial Statement: All international applicants, regardless of their interest in being considered for financial assistance must submit the International Student Financial Statement, available in the applicant portal, by the application deadline for which they apply.
- Financial Aid Application for International Students: International applicants who wish to be considered for financial assistance are required to submit the Financial Aid Application for International Students by the application deadline for which they apply. This form is available in the applicant portal.
Gettysburg does not require the CSS Profile for international applicants.
Deadlines for Submitting Financial Aid Forms
Students must submit all financial aid forms by the application deadline for which they apply:
- Early Decision I: November 15
- Early Action: December 1
- Early Decision II: January 15
- Regular Decision: January 15
Financial Aid Decisions
Gettysburg College awards financial aid based on financial need. Once need is determined, other factors are used to determine financial aid awards, including academic achievement, scholastic aptitude, and promise of contribution as a student and citizen.
International students have the potential to receive a grant amount equal to full tuition but that is not ordinarily the case. Awards of loan and employment are usually part of a financial aid package. There is also an expectation that families will contribute to the student’s educational costs.
Applicants will receive a financial aid decision with their admissions acceptance letter as long as the required financial aid documents have been submitted on time to the College.