Erin Eline Aumen, Commencement Coordinator and Associate Director, Constituent Relations, updates the Class of 2020 with general Commencement information, information for graduates who are and are not attending, how to order Regalia, and the Class of 2020 party.
Dear 2020 Graduates,
On behalf of Gettysburg College, I am delighted to welcome you back to campus this fall to celebrate the graduation of your very special class. You have a waited a long time for this moment and we can’t wait to watch you celebrate at Pennsylvania Hall.
In preparation for your big day, please read carefully the important information below.
Even if you do not plan to return to Gettysburg College on September 26 for the Commencement ceremony, please read the information below, as there is important information that relates to you.
Thank you for completing the requested tasks!
General Commencement Information
- Commencement will take place at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, September 26, on Beachem Portico on the north side of Pennsylvania Hall.
- If you plan to attend, we need you to register below.
- If you do not plan to attend, please click the “not attending” link below.
- Graduates should plan to arrive at the line-up location (TBD) on campus by 9:45 a.m. Additional information is forthcoming.
- Only you need to register to attend. Guests do not need to pre-register and may arrive at the Commencement site for seating beginning at 9:00 a.m.
- All graduates and guests will be subject to any campus COVID-19 policies and protocols in place at the time of the ceremony. This information is updated regularly on the College website.
Information for Graduates Not Attending Commencement
We know that many of you have begun the next step in your journey and may be unable to attend the ceremony. While we are deeply sorry that you are not able to join us, we kindly ask that you share this information with us by clicking the link below, and we hope you will visit soon!
Note: The ceremony will also be livestreamed for graduates and guests who are unable to attend.
Registration for Graduates
For those planning to take part in the ceremony, please click the link below to help us plan for your participation.
Additionally, you will be receiving an email from NameCoach that will give you the opportunity to share how you would like to have your name read during the ceremony. Please keep an eye out for this email, which will come from email@example.com.
The deadline for ordering academic regalia (caps and gowns) is August 8. Place your order by using the College Bookstore website or going directly to this order form. All graduates participating in the ceremony are asked to bring any Latin or departmental honor cords that were mailed last summer to wear with their regalia.
Class Party and Homecoming Weekend
The ceremony is taking place during Homecoming Weekend so that fellow Gettysburgians can share in this special moment with you. Many exciting events are happening throughout the weekend. Please find the full weekend schedule here. Additionally, there will be a Class of 2020 party in The Attic on Saturday, September 25, at 7:30 p.m., free of charge and hosted by College Life.
For those of you attending, please watch for future emails and monitor the Commencement website for updates. We are greatly looking forward to seeing you and your families back on campus this fall!
Erin Eline Aumen
Commencement Coordinator and Associate Director, Constituent Relations