From networking with alumni and prospective employers to improving interview skills and finding an internship, Gettysburg College students will have an opportunity to take advantage of it all and then some during Career Week, Feb. 9-13.
"In today's competitive job and internship market, students need to be on their game," said Kathy Williams, director of the Center for Career Development. "The events are designed to help students learn about career opportunities, sharpen skills, meet employers and network with alumni and parents, to get that competitive edge."
A full listing of events is available, but highlights of the week include:
• What Can I Do With This Major? Hear from Gettysburg alumni who followed traditional or non-traditional career paths after graduation. Feb. 9 from 5 to 6 p.m., Pennsylvania Hall, 3rd floor
• How to Choose the Law School that's Right for You - Feb. 9 at 7 p.m., Pennsylvania Hall, 3rd floor
• Do you know what your friends did last summer, fall or winter break? You will be amazed by the great career-related experiences they gained and how you can do the same. Feb. 10 from Noon to 1 p.m., Pennsylvania Hall, 3rd floor
• Job Fair - More than 50 employers will be on hand to talk about full-time career opportunities and summer internships. Graduate school representatives will be there. Feb. 11 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Wyndham Hotel in Gettysburg
• Interested in working for the nation's largest employer? Alumni will be on campus to discuss careers in government. Feb. 12 from 5 to 7 p.m., Specialty Dining
Posted: Mon, 9 Feb 2009
Get all the latest news delivered to your inbox or RSS reader:
The Office of Communications and Marketing is looking for stories about Gettysburgians doing great work.
Send your suggestions to email@example.com.