Jeff Foster and Darrien Davenport update the community about the on campus vaccine clinic, community vaccination sites, end of semester reminders, testing, and mask wearing.
Dear Campus Community,
Every Friday, we will send an email directing you to the College’s COVID-19 dashboard.
The College continues to operate at a moderate alert level. Based on a number of current conditions, including the campus positivity rate and local conditions, the College could change the alert level or enact increased mitigation strategies. The campus community will be notified immediately if the alert level changes and/or if new mitigation strategies have been enacted.
Reminders and updates:
- Vaccine clinic: As a reminder, WellSpan Health will offer a vaccine clinic on Tuesday, May 4 from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. in Bream Gym. Appointment times remain available. Registration for the clinic has been extended until noon, Sunday, May 2. To register, please logon to CNAV and click on the link titled “WellSpan COVID-19 Vaccinication Clinic”
- Vaccine information: Once students have received their first dose of the vaccine, they should upload their vaccination card into the secure Medicat portal. Students will repeat this process after their second dose as well. Employees should forward their vaccine card information to Human Resources at email@example.com. Employees can also drop off a copy to the Human Resources office on the first floor of Pennsylvania Hall. Within the next two weeks, employees will have the opportunity to enter their vaccination information through the SISCO system. More information about the SISCO system and how to access it will be shared soon.
- Community walk-in vaccination sites: WellSpan Health announced new ways for community members to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Beginning Friday, April 30, anyone 16 years and older can get vaccinated on the same day at select times and locations. For more information, visit the WellSpan website.
- End of semester reminder: Thank you for your continued vigilance this semester. There are still a few weeks left to go and a few important milestones and traditions for students to enjoy. Please remember that our ability to continue to host events will depend on the state of COVID-19 on our campus. Continue to do your part so we can all thoroughly enjoy these final few weeks of the spring semester.
- Testing: Over the past few weeks, we have noticed that there has been an increase in students missing their testing appointments. Every student is required to test twice a week, through the end of the semester, including Finals Week, unless they have an exemption. Even if you have already received the vaccine, you are still required to be tested twice a week. Any student who misses testing two times will be assigned to remote study.
- Mask reminder: As the weather continues to get warmer, and students and employees spend more time outdoors, please remember that masks must be worn at all times other than those instances outlined in the health guidelines section of the COVID-19 website.
- Symptom monitoring: Please remember that students are required to conduct and record daily symptom monitoring through the Medicat portal.
Thank you for your continued cooperation this spring semester. Let’s be sure to stay focused and finish strong in these last three weeks. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jeff Foster, D.Ed.
Interim Vice President for College Life and Dean of Students
Darrien Davenport, Ed.D.
Assistant Secretary to the BOT/Assistant Vice President of College Life