First-Year students studying full-time can use this worksheet to assist in calculating estimated costs.
On this page:
The regular room and USA meal plan are required for all first-year students. Please note that all costs are for the full-year unless otherwise noted. The Gettysburg College Board of Trustees approved the following costs for the 2020-21 academic year in February 2021.
See Meal Plan Rates for additional details on these costs.
See Housing Rates for additional details on these costs.
Sum these items in “Total for Other Charges” as applicable:
- Health Insurance: $2,604 (may be waived if adequate coverage provided by student or parent)
- Music Lesson Fee: $275 per semester
Financial aid (credits)
Do not include Federal Work Study—students will receive a bi-weekly paycheck for hours worked.
Scholarships and grants
Total direct charges: $
Total financial aid (credits): $
Balance due: $
Types of financial aid
- Gift Assistance
- Scholarships and Grants are funds that do not need to be repaid.
- Loans are required to be repaid after graduation or withdrawal from the College.
- Federal Work Study is earned by the student and is dependent on the hours worked.
Other estimated indirect costs
- Books and Supplies: $1,000
- Direct Loan Fees: $40
- Transportation: $1,500
- Miscellaneous: $1,200