Gettysburg College Institutional Loan Information: 2021-22 Academic Year
Complete after mid-June
Gettysburg College Loans, funded by the institution and offered as part of the financial aid process, are in the student’s name and do not require a co-signer or credit check. Please note: This loan is different from a federal student loan. Students can elect to reduce or decline their Gettysburg College Loan.
In May or June, enrolled students will be sent additional information regarding their specific Gettysburg College Loan type and interest rate as well as instructions to complete the loan requirements with a third party servicer, Heartland ECSI. An email from email@example.com will be sent to the Gettysburg College student email address.
In order to ensure that Gettysburg College Loans are processed in a timely and accurate manner, the loan requirements must be completed in summer 2021. All incomplete loans will be removed from the student’s financial aid.
Gettysburg College Institutional Loan Rates and Information
- Borrower: student
- Interest Rate: 0 to 6.0% (fixed) *
- Origination fee: none
- Grace Period: Repayment begins one month after separation/graduation
- Repayment Period: 6-10 years
- No interest accrues while the student is enrolled at least half-time.
- Offered only to students with financial need.
* Specific interest rate details will be provided in early summer once Gettysburg College Loan funds are assigned to enrolled students for the 2021-22 year.
Unless a student contacts the Office of Financial Aid, the Office of Financial Aid will assume a student is accepting the amount and terms of the Gettysburg College Loan on their Financial Aid Notification.
To Reduce or Decline the Gettysburg College Loan
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your Gettysburg College Identification number, and a statement saying that you would like to decline your entire Gettysburg College Loan or a statement including the amount that your would like to reduce your Gettysburg College loan.